The following agreement is entered into by you, the undersigned and Canvasback Missions, Inc., (Canvasback) for the purpose of understanding our relationship to one another and for carrying out God’s mission through our joint efforts conducted in a Christian spirit of brotherly love.
1. I agree to maintain the highest moral conduct.
2. I agree that all arrangements for my travel and comfort are my responsibility.
3. I agree to abstain from using any alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or drugs not prescribed by my physician at any time that I am working with Canvasback.
4. I agree to provide my own medical insurance and to consult with my own physician concerning my health needs as a Canvasback volunteer.
5. I agree to take full responsibility for my own actions, being responsible to God, to myself and to Canvasback. I will make my needs known in the most Christian manner possible, staying within the chain of authority and always working in a manner most constructive for the purpose of Canvasback
(I Jn 3:10, 4:7-21).
6. I agree to settle any disputes directly with Canvasback and, if unresolved, with an arbitration agency of our mutual agreement (I Cor 6:1-6).
7. I agree that, as a volunteer, I am making this agreement in full knowledge of what I am doing and that I will hold Canvasback Missions, Inc., financially harmless for any damage or injury caused by my own actions or by events which would be considered accidental and preventable in nature.
8. Canvasback agrees to provide as much assistance as possible concerning travel arrangements, scheduling and notifications of mission expectations. However, Canvasback operates on limited, donated funds and cannot anticipate actions, which may change the ability to provide such assistance to the volunteer missionary.
9. Canvasback and I, the volunteer missionary will work closely together with the Holy Spirit to carry out this mission. We know that God’s work is not easy, that it requires selfless dedication and hard work and that the only way to achieve victory is through a close walk with His Son, Jesus Christ. We are dedicated to achieving His goal of “proclaiming the gospel to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people” (Rev 14:6).